Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Chicken Enchilada Pie



Quick post tonight, to share one of my go-to, last-minute dinners*.

Ingredients, in no particular order:
Chicken, cubed and cooked with taco or similar seasoning. I prefer Pampered Chef's Chipotle rub.
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk, sour cream, or plain yogurt
Tortillas
1 can diced green chilies
Grated cheese

Combine cream of chicken soup with milk - or sour cream, or yogurt. Whatever you have on hand. Remember this is an easy go-to quickie, not an elaborate trip to the store. Add diced green chilies. Spread a little into the bottom of a glass pie pan. Stir chicken into remaining sauce.


Layer a tortilla with the sauce and chicken, ending with a tortilla. 

Sprinkle grated cheese over the top. 

Microwave for 5 minutes. I assume you microwave on high, or whatever your microwave default setting is. I'm not that technical.

And voilĂ , you have Chicken Enchilada Pie. My kids all like it, it's fast, it's easy, and I always have the ingredients on hand. That makes it a definite win in my book!


The quantities listed in the ingredients will make two enchilada pies. My family will eat about one and a half, sometimes all of it. If you won't eat two pies in one meal, you can freeze the second pie for later; or better yet, take it to a neighbor who needs a break from cooking for an evening.


*This recipe came to me through my mother in law, Patt, who got it from her good friend and our neighbor, Laurie Cline. Laurie teaches food sciences at a local junior high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment